Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Corporate Curly Look: Faux Braid Bun

I'm a Corporate Curly so I have to come up with Corporate Styles.....

FAUX BRAID BUN

Front View
Back View
Top View
Side View


HOW I ACHIEVED THIS LOOK:

   First off let me credit the basic idea of this to a young lady named Alta Angel who was featured on Curly Nikki for her version of this style.  I just made a few adjustments to support my hair and style needs and this i what I got.

Step 1: Partially part your hair (Middle part or side part) I chose a middle part.
Step 2: Flat Twist each side to just before the middle of your head.  Use water and gel (I used ecostyler) and a brush, to smooth as you go.  Push each twist forward before pinning to create Volume.
Step 3: Slick back the remaining hair into a pony tail and bun it, tying a hair band around it. Pin up any loose hairs.
Step 4: Use a back of synthetic braid hair.  Leave the rubber band on  in the middle of the hair. Loosely braid each side, securing the ends with Rubber bands
Step 5: Use the attached rubber band to fasten the two braids to your hair.
Step 6: Wrap loosely each braid in opposite directions one at a time.  Pin securely as you go. (Make sure to hide the loose ends of the braid under the bun)

And you are finish with a stylish and professional look!!

If you are interested in a video demo let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment