Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Attempting a Curly Conquest

   You are probably wondering why I went natural... Well it is quiet simple to be honest with you.... I was sick and tired of being sick and tired with my weak and fragile overly processed hair.  I wanted to have long, strong, and healthy hair and I wanted it to be what God gave me not what I decided to create.

     I asked for my first perm when I was 6 or 7 years old.... Pretty much a baby and my mom responded by telling me that I had to wait until I was old enough. "Old enough" she explained was 8 years old and Please believe I had not forgotten what she said.  Not a day after my 8th birthday I was asking about a perm again.  So we went to the store and got the infamous "Just For Me" kiddie perm and my chemically processed journey began.
   
     Over the years I went through series of hair experiments with length.  Cutting, Weaving, Growing, Cutting, weaving, Growing, until finally I decided to stop cutting, stop weaving, and start growing.  I decided to focus my obsession on the health of my hair instead of the length of my hair and that is when it came to me...

     Very late November of 2010 after getting a touch up I decided I didn't want to "relax" my hair anymore and since then I have been on the conquest to be a full headed Curly Girl.  To be honest it has not been easy at all but I have learned to love it.  I have face major opposition from those who have love, smiled at times in joy, and even cried but I would go back to the creamy crack.

     Transitioning has inspired me to be a more innovative and confident version of myself and I LOVE IT.  I am learning the do's and don'ts of my hair and how to make it flourish.


I AM NATURALLY INSPIRED

No comments:

Post a Comment